Saturday 2 May 2009

England, My England.

I took Pippa for a walk yesterday and captured the exact spirit of what I call home. Simply because, She lives in the road where I grew up. Even though I don't live there anymore, in fact, haven't for many years, when I walk her here I feel safe.
It's a very pretty place with a park just next to it, the haunt of many a happy summer afternoon called out to me and all at once I remembered it all. I am so lucky that I grew up in such a lovely place where it was safe to roam as a child untill twilight, when the call of "DINNER!" was shouted by several parents at once. Calling us back home. I am now fortunate enoough that my son will be able to experience this same place also, wandering the coppice and swimming in the river, watching the horses and deer and playing on the park. Languishing in the sun as a teen and hopefully bringing his own children back here one day.


Some will say, "it's just a park, just a space, something ordinary", it's not. It's home, It is England to me.





0 comments: